Thursday, September 17, 2009
Fabulous Foolproof Lasagna
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 45 Min
READY IN 1 Hr
Original recipe yield 1 - 9x13 dish
1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
1 pint ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
12 no-boil lasagna noodles
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until brown and the juices run clear. Drain and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, basil, thyme, garlic powder, oregano and half the shredded mozzarella. Mix well, and set aside.
4. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a little of the spaghetti sauce. Place three noodles in the bottom of the pan, not touching. Spread a layer of the ricotta mixture, a layer of sausage, and a layer of spaghetti sauce over the noodles. Repeat two more times. Top with the reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.