Wednesday, December 9, 2009
* 1 pound walnut halves
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 6 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the nuts start to turn brown and the smell of roasting nuts fills the kitchen.
2. Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees F (113 degrees C). Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla immediately. .
3. Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper, and immediately separate nuts with a fork. Cool, and store in airtight containers.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 238 | Total Fat: 18.6g | Cholesterol: < 1mg