Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Cranberry Orange Cookies
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups chopped cranberries
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
* 3 tablespoons orange juice
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 110 | Total Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 15mg