"A satisfying sauce you can use on any type of pasta - dry or fresh."
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 8 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
* salt to taste
* 1 pinch ground nutmeg
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, nutmeg, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk. Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 671 | Total Fat: 69.1g | Cholesterol: 331mg