STARBUCKS

Starbucks

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Famous Carrot Cake


They say if you make a recipe 3 times then it is yours. I have been making this carrot cake since I worked at my dad's Cattle Livestock Auction in 1968. I worked on cattle auction days with a lot of beautiful home-cooking women. Monday was cattle auction and Wednesday was sheep and hog. Each sale day the women would bring food for the men that worked the auction, buyers and sellers. this become one of our favorite cakes and I have been making it ever since.

CARROT CAKE
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup cooking oil
2 Cup sugar
2 Cup flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
1 small can crushed pineapple (juice and all)
1 teaspoon salt
3 Cup grated carrots
1 Cup nuts

Directions:
Cream sugar and oil. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients, fold in rest.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Let cake cool before icing.
ICING
Ingredients:
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 stick margarine
1 box powdered sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
Blend ingredients, spread on cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment