Friday, August 21, 2009
This is one GOOD cake!
1 white cake mix
1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry jello
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 round cake pan.
2. Combine the white cake mix, strawberry gelatin, oil, eggs, flour, and strawberries and mix until just combined. Pour batter into 2 round prepared pan.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
BUTTER CREAM ICING
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cream
4 tablespoons butter
juice from strawberries
1. In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat cream and butter until butter is melted.
2. Stir in the strawberries and confectioners' sugar.
3. Remove from heat, and beat with an electric mixer until thick and smooth.
NOTE: If I am using FRESH strawberries I add 1 cup of fresh strawberries to cake.